Knollwood Cemetery Corporation owns and operates two distinguished cemeteries in Sharon and Canton MA: Sharon Memorial Park, the largest Jewish cemetery in New England and Knollwood Memorial Park, serving all faiths since 1898.
We are seeking to add a Family Service Counselors to our team who will assist families with the utmost care and compassion. They will educate and guide them through the process of making informed decisions for advanced planning or the sudden loss of a loved one. They will create a positive and welcoming environment for visitors and co-workers and be proactive in generating new ideas to further the company’s mission of helping families.
This is not just a job it is a meaningful opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Educate and inform families about advance planning and the purchase of cemetery lots and interment services.
To generate and develop leads for pre-need sales of cemetery lots and interment services.
Work with families at time of need to assist with decision making process for burial arrangements.
To assist in the mailing and other dissemination of marketing and promotional materials.
To assist as necessary with interments, traffic and logistics including the guiding of funerals into the park and managing the service at the graveside and/or chapel.
To assist visitors with maps, directions, work orders and any other needs as necessary.
Be an integral part of all events held at the park and community engagement.
To prepare and process all paperwork and reports as directed.
- Requirements and Qualifications:
- High level of comfort using computer systems – specifically Microsoft Office Suite Products
- Must be able to navigate on the Internet
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- General Mathematic skills
- Previous sales experience helpful, but not required
- Solid work history
- High level of integrity, dedication, and desire to succeed
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Creative, outgoing, and energetic
- Outstanding communications skills, written and oral
- Must be able to prioritize tasks
- Must be able to maintain composure in difficult situations
- Must be able to express high level of empathy and compassion
- Must be available for a rotating weekend schedule
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug test, have own vehicle and a valid driver’s license
Knollwood Cemetery Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply, no phone calls please