Visiting the Park
At Sharon Memorial Park we are dedicated to providing the highest level of service. Our Welcome Center is open throughout the year Sunday through Friday (see our schedule of holiday closings) and there is always a Family Service Counselor on-site to assist you. Visitor Services Staff are also available to provide lot location maps and information, directions within the park, prayer books (to download a copy of our prayer book please click here: Prayer Book), yarmulkes and we can escort visitors if they are not familiar with a location. A member of our staff will be happy to prepare these items for you.
Additionally, please note that when you are planning a visit to the park we offer the courtesy service of cleaning the plaque and grave area. In the winter, we will clear a path to the location and clean off the plaque. These services are time and weather permitting and please be sure to call ahead at least two days in advance.
Your safety is important to us. To enhance our beauty and serenity please:
- Leave natural flowers only (no artificial flowers, balloons, pinwheels, plant hangers, baskets, or other items). Please review our Floral Guidelines.
- Do not place any stones or other hard objects on the bronze memorials. Potted plants, plantings, or digging are not permitted.
- Return water bottles to the administration building.
- Park vehicles on the roadways only.
- Use vases from the months of April through November.
- Refrain from recreational bicycling, roller blading and bringing animals to the park.
- No solicitations of any kind are ever allowed on or about the grounds of the park.
- Abide by the 10 mile per hour speed limit throughout the park.
- A complete listing of rules and regulations are available in the main office.
- For information about planting and seeding, please click here to view our policy.
Main Park Gate open for visiting:
Sunday through Friday – 7:30a until roughly one hour before sundown. Please note all other gates throughout the park will be locked before the end of business hours for the Welcome Center. Please use the main entrance as the primary point of entry and exit.
Welcome Center Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 8:30a – 4:15p
Friday: 8:30a – 4:00p
Sunday: 8:30a – 4:00p
Sunday winter hours (Nov 1 – March 15): 8:30a – 3:00p
Monday – Friday: 9:00a – 3:30p
Sharon Memorial Park will be closed for the following Jewish holidays
– Passover – Sukkot
– Shavuot – Shemini Atzeret
– Rosh Hashanah – Simchat Torah
– Yom Kippur
On the following holidays the building is closed, but the park is open to visitors. There will be no funerals scheduled on these days.
– New Years Day – Thanksgiving
– 4th of July – Christmas Day
Key Visiting Times
Memorial Day weekend
The month of Elul prior to the high holidays
Anniversary of the death of a loved one.
For more information on the hours of operation and holidays call 781-828-7216.